Thursday, October 13, 2011


So I'm pretty pleased with myself, I managed to produce two sketches today that I am happy with, and the likeness to the original photos is very good, I think it's safe to say I am getting better at this, faster too. If nothing else, I am slightly irritated with the fact that my scanner seems to pick up smudges on the paper that I can't see in natural sunlight coming in the window but that's easy to clean up with a big ping eraser. Top left is Eizu, making an awesome face. I'm pretty sure he realized somebody was about to take his picture. He is actually holding his camera in the original photo. why? because Eizu is usually the one taking pictures of everybody. So not many photos exist of him that he didn't take himself where he isn't making a silly face. So this one was perfect to as one person put it, "Capture his essence". Second is a friend of mine from New Zealand named Ashes. There are green bits in her hair, and I thought about lightly coloring them but decided against it. I was worried it might take something away from the pencil work.

No comments:

Post a Comment