Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I know I said a while ago that I was going to start sketching again, and yes I have started though it took me longer to get motivated to do so. I have started working on a few that I have promised people for a long time I would do. The first is of my good friend Anna from Australia. This one is a scan-in that I modified slightly simply to sharpen the lines a little better than the initial scan. I still have a little bit of work I want to do to this one as some of the lines need some work and I think it needs more shading. Not a bad start though. Bottom right is the original reference photo that I worked from. I tend to pick out a photo of my friends from their facebook profile or something similar. That way, even if they know I am working on a sketch of them, they usually don't know what it will look like until I ask their permission to display it on the web. Also I accidentally woke Anna up sending this picture to her over pingchat. Her response was simply "Thanks Steve, pretty sure I'm awake now :)". I really need to start checking people's local time before I make their mobile devices start making noises as it was about quarter to six in the morning in Brisbane. Oops :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment